Finding an apartment can be a frustrating process
The best way to alleviate some of that stress is to start your apartment hunt with a plan. Use these next sections as a helpful guide to determine what you can afford, things you may overlook, and how to be prepared.
Know the size (beds, baths), location, price range, amenities and timing of your move. Start your search 30 days ahead of time. Have your documents and financials in place.
BE PREPARED : THE DOCUMENTS
- Employer verification inclusive of your position, salary and length of employment
- Two of your most recent pay stubs - or- your most recent tax return
- Last two months’ bank statements
- Previous landlords’ contact information
- Photo ID (Driver’s License, Passport)
The above does not apply if you hold rental vouchers or similar rental assistance that meets or exceeds the rental price.*
BE PREPARED : FINANCIAL Requirements
- Approval requires a salary (individual or combined) of 40 – 50 times the monthly rent and a credit check.
- The use of a guarantor can qualified you for an apartment. In and out of state guarantors with sufficient credit and verification or proof of income 80 times the required monthly rent is necessary.
- Application Form: Download here
- Application processing fee and credit check is $100 per applicant, inclusive of guarantors.
- One month rent required for deposit.